FAQs for international students
1. What documents do I need to prepare for the application process?
Please include the following:
- Your completed application form
- A copy of your high school diploma/graduation certificate (if you have one)
- A copy of your transcripts from your college or university
- A copy of your passport (minimum 6 months validity after you enter Vietnam)
2. What happens after my application is submitted?
The ERC Student Service Administration department (SSA) will process your application and reply within 5 working days. When you receive an acceptance letter, please send back a signed copy and return it to us with a $300 fee. This pre-registration ‘fee’ is deducted from your tuition fee and is not refundable.
3. For the temporary exchange program, how many modules can I study per intake?
You can study a maximum of 4 courses per intake, although most students usually take 3 subjects. The number depends on your studying schedule and your chosen courses.
4. When do I need to confirm the courses that I will study at ERC?
You need to make your decision 3 weeks before Orientation Day [Orientation Day is usually held on the Friday before your first week of class].
5. What is included in the tuition fee?
Besides the academic courses, the tuition fees also include guide books and course materials, other activities and courses such as CEO series talks, Industry Visits and Ready for Work sessions.
6. Where are the classes held?
Academic courses are held at either of our two campuses:
7. Can I work during my time at ERC International?
- ERC Main Campus – 88 Huynh Van Banh, Ward 15, Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City.
- ERC City Campus – 04 Le Quy Don Ward 7, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City.
If you are not a Vietnamese resident, you are required to attain a Work Permit to be able to work in Vietnam.
8. Will I be picked up at the airport when arriving in Ho Chi Minh City?
Yes, you will be welcomed by ERC International’s representative at Tan Son Nhat Airport, HCM City. Please provide us the flight details so we can pick you up on time.
9. How do I find accommodation?
ERC International’s representative will support you to find accommodation.
10. What are the living costs in Vietnam?
Cost of living may vary depending on location and accommodation, but typical prices are:
- Shared accommodation: $200 ~ $400/month
- Food: ~$200/month
- Internet: $15 ~ $20/month
- Transportation: ~$100 for taxis/month; $12 ~ $15 for public buses/month