Why is critical thinking important?
For students: Students who develop critical thinking skills are more able to achieve better marks, become less dependent on teachers and textbooks, create knowledge, evaluate, challenge and change the structures in society
For employees: Employers want employees who can work through problems on their own or as an effective member of a team. Ideal employees can think critically and creatively, share thoughts and opinions, use good judgment, and make decisions.
So, are you a critical thinker?
If you are not sure, read through the following statements and choose those that you think may come from critical thinkers.
- “I hate talk shows where people just state their opinions but never give any reasons at all”
- “No matter how complex a problem, you can bet there will be a simple solution”
- “Just because information is in a textbook, doesn’t necessarily mean it can be trusted”
- “My views are probably shaped by the social and economic groups I belong to”
Join us now for the upcoming READY FOR WORK: “Critical Thinking” by Mark Ho – Dean of ERC International to get to know the skills as well as learn how to think critically in your work and life.
- READY FOR WORK:
- GUEST SPEAKER: Mark Ho – Dean of ERC International
- TIME: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Friday, June 22nd, 2018
- VENUE: ERC International, 88 Huynh Van Banh, Phu Nhuan district, HCMC
(Only open for ERC students and staffs)
Register now at 028 62 9292 88 or email email@example.com.
Register is a MUST!